Since 2007, Chagrin Arts has been celebrating arts and culture by presenting a wide variety of programming and educational opportunities for all age groups. Orchestras, singers, dancers, bands and speakers fill the year with a celebration of expression and creativity.
We invite you to be a part of a vibrant selection of events that will expand your artistic and cultural awareness. Be a part of an energy that only the arts can provide!
The mission of Chagrin Arts is to enrich life by presenting inspiring performances and stimulating conversations.
Chagrin Arts’ vision is to encourage and nurture the Chagrin Valley’s passion for the arts through a financially sustainable model in collaboration with other organizations, and to provide professional performances and lectures designed to engage diverse audiences by offering opportunities for artistic excellence with fair compensation.
In 2007, the Chagrin Foundation for Arts & Culture , dba Chagrin Arts (CA) was established to improve the quality of life and enhance economic development in the Chagrin Falls area, located 25 miles east of Cleveland. To increase visibility, Chautauqua-in-Chagrin was established with the Chautauqua Institution of New York to bring internationally recognized speakers to Chagrin Falls during the summer season.
A review of the arts and cultural activities in the Eastern suburbs brought to light the lack of performing arts programs, other than community theatre. In 2008, CA developed its Performing Arts Series to engage and entertain audiences.
Major programming changes took place in 2014 and 2015 when CA:
• Became an independent member of the Chautauqua Trail.
• Increased its collaborative activities to co-sponsor free programs throughout the year, presenting speakers and performing artists in smaller settings.
• Added a family program and community Music Crawl to its Performing Arts Series.
• Received funding for performing artists to provide professional development to teachers of underserved Cleveland youth.
Since then, CA has increased programming to include:
• “Paris Underground – Sunday Jazz Series” a unique music experience for jazz enthusiasts presented in collaboration with local restaurant Paris Room.
• “The Art of Dining” board-sponsored fundraisers that immerse guests in the creative and sensorial aspects of food and drink. These annual events take guests on an epicurean adventure, while supporting Chagrin Arts scholarships and programming opportunities.